monitoring and maintenance of hydropower
Micro hydro turbine generator running condition monitoring and maintenance
- Recording the data from the control panel gauges and hydro turbine unit instrument gauge, monitoring the operation of the hydroelectric generating set, and recording all abnormal situations.
- Monitoring whether the operation of the hydroelectric generating set is on normal or not, unit vibration or abnormal noise, abnormal smell or unit temperature rising too high, all condition should be on recorded.
- Monitoring each part of the turbine generator is on normal condition, be sure there is no oil leakage, water leakage, air leakage and bolts loosen condition.
- Pay attention to the transmission equipment such as belt, gear, bearing, coupling unit, etc. be sure that all is safety.
- Generator excitation device should be paid attention on the generator commutator and slip ring of exciter sparking too much condition.
- For three phase alternator, each phase voltage should be balance basically, and maintain the changes within the range of 5% specified value (for generator rated voltage of 400v, should be run in the range of 380v ~ 420v). Long-term operating voltage of generator shall not exceed 10% of the specified value (i.e., no more than 440v). The frequency of the generator should be kept at about 50Hz or 60Hz. For generator rated voltage of 230v should be run in the 220v to 245v range.
- Power house should not have acid-base gas harming toward generator insulation.
- Keeping plant and turbine generator unit cleaning. Unit steel surface should be kept clean and constantly with a layer of butter avoiding of rust. Dust on the unit surface should be clean regularly.
- Adding lubricating grease to bearing and the activities part regularly.
- Be sure that inside the hydraulic turbine generator should be out of water, oil or metal chips.
- Unit running period should forbid unrelated objects laying on generator and air inlet, so as not to affect the cooling and the unit temperature rising too high.
- If the turbine generator is out of use for a long time, client should clean the dust and dirt, and cover with plastic sheeting.
- Intermittent power supply condition, after three weeks or more downtime generator (especially in the rain season), should be tested the insulation resistance of the micro turbine generator before running, if the insulation value is less than the rated valve, client should carry on the drying processing first and then put into operation.